We’re aware that many of you are taking this time to delve into the world of cooking, baking and especially bread making!
Our social media pages have been inundated with imagery of all of your bready bakes, from soda bread and sourdough to beautifully decorated focaccia.
Our Head Chef Bea has taken the time to share her bread recipe to be recreated at home. This recipe is something a little different and one that is baked fresh for every service on board supperclub.tube!
- 375g strong plain bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dry active yeast
- 375ml tepid water
- Fine semolina (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 240’C/Gas Mark 9
- Mix the strong plain bread flour, salt and yeast together in a large bowl
- Add the water and mix until a coarse dough has formed
- Cover the dough and leave in a warm place overnight (Bea suggests at least 12 hours, but ideally 18 hours)
- Once the dough has been left overnight and proved it will be sticky but soft and even with plenty of bubbles.
- Flour your work surface and add the dough
- There is no need to knead this, just shape it to your desired shape, Bea goes for an oblong shape
- Cover a tea towel or muslin cloth in a layer of flour or fine semolina and transfer your shaped dough to this floured surface and cover with another tea towel/muslin cloth. Allow the bread to rest for 1 more hour
- Once the dough has rested for a further hour, remove the top cloth from the bread and carefully transfer the dough onto a baking tray removing the second cloth
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the core temperature of the bread reaches 90 degrees.
- Allow it to rest and cool down for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Enjoy by itself, with butter or it’s currently on our spring menu served alongside a Peruvian style butterbean puree!